To encourage, mentor and support quality education in the field of Landscape Architecture in India.
Objectives of ISOLA Education Board
- Fostering Research and Scholarship in the field in of Landscape Architecture
- Providing Continuing Education to professionals and teachers
- Strengthening the Education-Practice interface
- Providing an Information Resource for the profession
- Monitoring and improving LA education in India
- Awarding and Reviewing the eligibility of existing LA programmes for ISOLA membership
- Mentoring LA programmes and developing pedagogical frameworks at postgraduate courses in Landscape Architecture and undergraduate courses in Architecture in India
EB Members – 2017-19
- Dr. Abhijit Natu, Pune, India
- Dr. Krishna Balachandran, Bangalore, India
- Dr. Priyaleen Singh , New Delhi, India
- Dr. Sridevi Rao, Hydrabad, India
- Nikhil Dhar (Chairperson), New Delhi, India
- Sachin Jain, New Delhi, India
- Saurabh Popli, Bhopal, India
- Shilpa Chandawarkar, Mumbai, India
- Swati Sahasrabudhe (Convenor), Pune, India
- Varsha Gavandi, Pune, India
There are ten EB member working together by forming seven teams to work on various aspects towards fulfilling the objectives. The aspects are as follows:
- TEAM ‘A’
Eligibility of PG courses in LA, Eligibility standards and procedures
- TEAM ‘B’
Teaching LA in B. Arch
- TEAM ‘C’
Research Initiatives through ISOLA
- TEAM ‘G’
Workshops for LA teaching faculty
- TEAM ‘H’
What else the EB needs to do?
- TEAM ‘I’
ISOLA Resource Center
- TEAM ‘K’
ISOLA Students’ Forum
Meetings/ Workshops/ TTPs Held by EB:
- The first EB meeting was held on 18th August, 2017 which focussed on setting up the agenda for the two years and formation of working teams to take forward the work done by the earlier education board and also to prepare an action plan.
- The EB members were in touch over email and telecom to exchange thoughts/suggestions.
- A TTP(Teachers’ Training Program) was organised by TRC (Training and Research Center) of COA (Council of Architecture) in collaboration with ISOLA (Indian Society of Landscape Architects) hosted with institutional support from and was held at Dr. B.N. College of Architecture for women, MKSSS, Pune from 12th to 16th Feb 2018The EB members met again for a workshop in Pune on 27th Oct, 2018, in which recommendations with respect each of the seven aspects was drafted and were drafted and future directions were discussed in detail.